…..arid, bleak, boring, brown, characterless, cheerless, colourless, desolate, dreary, dry, faded, flat, gloomy, grey, grungy, lackluster, muddy, murky, shabby, somber, uninspired, vapid material to build with…. That’s how we know concrete.
Concrete has come a long way since its inception.
Synonym with hardness, yet fluid, concrete is by definition a hybrid - with no intrinsic form; and despite its generic reputation, finished concrete can assume almost any colour, texture and pattern.
The architectural capacities of concrete have been an ongoing exploration of its potential. With the innovations in this basic material and its application across various categories concrete seems to have conquered our lifestyles too. The opaque, robust, often a structural material, concrete has been changed to transparent, delicate & a mystic element. The ensuing competition is a treat of concrete innovations.
This competition is ostentation of projects, which bring forth the realized capabilities of concrete as an absolute aesthetic material.
We invite professional, architects, engineers and designers from around the globe to take part in the Innovations in Concrete Competition. A platform to explore and utilize the versatility of concrete in generating innovative architectural masterpieces, structures and systems; leading to ideas that unveil the potential of concrete addressing various functions and appearances in this material.
Foundations – The Ambuja Knowledge Initiatives is an endeavor to seek the patronage and partnership of the AEC Community for the wonderful world of Cement and Concrete! The genesis of the idea is the ambition to create a holistic resource basin on the subject of cement and concrete. It stems from Ambuja’s belief in the continuous evolution of architecture, engineering and the construction industries and thereby offering its professionals various platforms of information, inspiration and interaction.
- Maximum 2 jpeg images - A1 size, 150 dpi, showcasing the final design and built form of the entry.
- Maximum 2 jpeg images - A1 size, 150 dpi, showcasing the entry project during its construction phase.
- Video of the project (optional) - 50Mb Size.
- 300 word passage describing the project and construction techniques adopted by the participant/s.
- Profile of the participant/s (a practice or an individual).
- Only built project will be eligible to participate.
- The individual or practice participating must be architects, engineers, landscape designers, and infrastructure specialists, product designers, interior designer or a contractor.
- All projects should have innovative use of concrete.
1. Concrete Interiors:
Projects where concrete has been used innovatively in interiors, sculptures, wall textures and products etc.
2. Concrete Architecture:
Application of concrete as a building material used innovatively for housing & commercial projects, buildings, bungalows and any urban scale contemporary sites.
3. Concrete Urbanism:
City level developments or large facilities like stadiums, public plaza, bridges and other infrastructural projects where concrete is used as an unique element.
- The winning entry in each category will receive a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000.
- Winnings entries will be showcased on Ambuja Foundations website.
- The winning entries will also be published in Indian Architect & Builder magazine and further archived on the www.foundationsakc.com
Steps to participate:
1. The participants are requested to read the brief, eligibility criteria and the terms & conditions of the competition carefully before participating.
2. You will then have to register yourself by clicking on the "Registration" tab and filling in the necessary required details.
3. Once registered your username and your password will be sent to you via mail on the email address provided to us in your form.
4. To submit your entry you click on the "Submission" tab and enter your Username and Password to login.
5. You are then required to fill in your contact details along with those of your team members. Kindly note it is mandatory to fill all the boxes marked in asterisk.
6. You will then continue to the next step where you are required to submit your projects details and description.
7. In the last step you will upload the necessary files / images required to showcase your project to the jury.
8. You will receive your confirmation mail once your entry has been successfully registered.
Terms and Conditions:
•The “Innovation in Concrete" competition is open to all professionals across the field of architecture, engineering and construction around the world. Employees and their immediate families of Ambuja Cement Ltd., its subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies associated with this promotion are ieligible.
• Participants may enter the contest by completing an entry form and submitting it before 28th February, 2011 11.59 pm. Failure to provide all mandatory details will result in disqualification.
• www.foundationsakc.com collects participants' personal information in order to conduct the contest. If the information requested is not provided, the contestant may not participate in the contest. Subsequent contact out of this contest will be optional and decided at the participants' own discretion.
• Hereby, the information submitted by the participants holds true to as stated and filled in the form.
• The decisions made by the www.foundationsakc.com for the promotion are final and binding in all manners. No appeals shall be entertained for any reasons whatsoever.
• The decision taken by the jury will stand final. Judges will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
• The winners irrevocably authorize Ambuja to retain, use and distribute any information/materials generated by or relating to the winners for future sales, marketing, advertising, promotional materials and press relations programs/activities of Ambuja products, both online and offline, and to the furnishing of such information/materials to Ambuja - related entities and their agents for such purposes.
• The prize will be courier by demand draft in favor of the winner of the contest . The Promoter reserves the right to replace any prize with another of equivalent value without notice. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values.
• Participating teams will bear all expenses incurred at different stages of the competition. No reimbursement of any kind will be made by Ambuja.
For More Information Contact: